CREATE A LEGACY
What is a legacy?
Every legacy is unique and the gift of a lifetime. A legacy may be defined as something handed down from the past that affects us today. It may also be a gift or donation that has significant personal meaning to the donor and can be used to support our community. We are all influenced by the past legacies of others on a personal level. We also owe much to the original inhabitants of West Vancouver who invested their time and financial resources to make West Vancouver the vibrant community it is today.
BEQUEST BY WILL
Including a charitable bequest in your will is a simple way to make a lasting gift to your community. When you make this gift through the West Vancouver Community Foundation, we establish a special fund that benefits the communty forever and becomes your personal legacy of giving.
Making a bequest is an easy way to transfer assets and you can decide to do it at any age by adding to an existing will, or drafting a new one.
How it Works
- You include the West Vancouver Community Foundation in your will as a bequest; we can help you or your lawyer with recommended language
- We can work with you to determine the type of fund you would like to establish with your gift
- Upon your death, we set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family, or in honour of any person or organization you choose
- Our staff considers your charitable wishes and determines the areas of community need that would benefit the most through grants from your gift
- Our Board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously)
- Your gift will be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing our community needs. Your gift-and all future earnings from your gift-is a permanent source of community capital helping to do good work forever.
Contact us for more information email@example.com